Are you a certified firefighter looking to build a career in the emergency services?
If your answer is YES then we are looking for motivated and experienced individuals who are looking to increase their firefighting experience in a busy volunteer organization.
Who are we?
The King of Prussia Volunteer Fire Company was incorporated in 1950 to serve the residents and businesses of Upper Merion Township.
We respond out of two stations to approximately 700 calls per year, including mutual aid responses to surrounding communities and municipalities, and we operate the following apparatus:
- 2 Engines
- 1 Rescue Engine (Squad)
- 1 Tower Ladder
- 1 Heavy Rescue
- 1 Field Unit
What is our response area?
Our immediate response area includes…
- The King of Prussia Mall, Numerous Retail Stores and Valley Forge National Park
- Valley Forge Casino, Convention Center, and Numerous Hotels
- Numerous Commercial and Residential Mid and High-Rise Buildings
- PA Turnpike and Other Major Highways
What benefits do we offer?
- New Semi-Private Dorm Rooms, Full Kitchen, Washer and Dryer
- Television & Wireless Internet
- Free Training at Area Fire Academies
- Free Physicals & Life Insurance Policy
- Assigned Class “A” & “B” Uniforms
- Access to National Credit Union
- Easy Access to all Area Colleges with Scholarship & Reimbursement Opportunities
- Ideal location to many stores and eateries, all of which are within walking distance
- Fire Fighter I Certification to the NFPA 1001 standard
- PA Department of Health Vehicle Rescue Technician Certification, or equivalent (If unable to provide, this will be required within one year of joining)
- Basic First Aid and CPR/AED cards
- Other levels of training will be considered at the time of application
If you believe this is a good fit for you, and you would like to receive more information about the program, please send your completed application and resume to the Live In Committee by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. After your information is reviewed, and if your meet the requirements, you will be contacted to schedule an interview.